[Dailydrool] Flexi leads

Pamela McQuade bassetizedslave at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 22 06:57:39 PDT 2011

I have refrained from commenting on these leashes, because I know there will be a furor of controversy over it. But I have to admit that, like MomPerson, I never use the one that I have bought for our multiple-hound household.

Not only do I wish I'd never bought one, I wish other people wouldn't get them either. They look like a good idea, but they seriously damage the amount of control the human has over the dog. I have seen very small dogs become completely in charge with these things, because humans cannot easily redirect them. The plastic grip gives the human no control over the leash at all, and if, like me, you have one that has the fine line, you can't safely grab ahold of most of it. When Abner was with us and got agitated by other dogs, it bordered on the dangerous for either Abs or the other dog to be on one.

To me, these are the out-of-control leashes. I wouldn't waste my money on another one.

Just my opinion. Don't bother flaming me.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets