[Dailydrool] vacation

sfwill at aol.com sfwill at aol.com
Wed Jun 22 12:31:42 PDT 2011

i was invited down to the Cape (Cod) for a long weekend and i accepted after arranging for a dear friend to care for gus while i was gone.  my friend lost his dog on january 3 and this was the first time he felt he could have a dog around the house.  so i'm packed and ready to go and had a little extra time so i caught up on the last few Drools where i read of pat dill's passing, and of the houndies who left us for the bridge.  right before gus was to be picked up, we cuddled about a half hour on the couch, all the while gus is loving every minute and i'm bawling my eyes out.
i sit here now, after seeing him off to his "vacation", weeping and unable to stop.
yeah, vacation.  right.
in july, gus and i are going up to maine for a long weekend.  now, THAT will be a vacation!
susan, loving slave to gus
gus-uncle jimmy is a great slave, what's all the cryin' for?