[Dailydrool] Barking Dogs

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 22 13:36:42 PDT 2011

Just a note about this ... where I live a dog has a legal right to bark ....
just so long as it is not excessive and without provocation.  The "excessive"
part is a judgement call ... if the dog barks for more than 5 minutes non stop
then it *could* be excessive ... especially if it is a pattern of behavior
rather than a random event.  In order to be cited an animal control officer has
to witness an excessive barking event.

For my house that is tough to impossible because I have wood fences and side
yards with gates.  So, there is no way for someone to stir up the dogs from the
street.  If you come up on my porch my dogs will bark their fool heads off (from
inside) and with good reason and nobody can cite them for that.  From the sound
of it, Vicki's house could be a problem, because if animal control comes up to
the fence they'll surely bark ... and if they keep it up you'll get cited.

I guess Vicki must have a bad neighbor who doesn't like dogs and didn't have the
common courtesy to knock on the front door and discuss it.  Bummer.  Good luck.

--Dale ... with
Snoopy (I don't bark I Ahroooooo and all my neighbors laugh about it)   and
Cyrus (my bark is as big as I am and nobody says much about it ... wonder why?)