[Dailydrool] Food tossing, tails, multiple dog walking

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Wed Jun 22 13:19:30 PDT 2011

I haven't posted for a while but wanted to comment on some past drool post.
First my deepest sympathies for Pat Dill's family.  My heart aches for your
loss.  And we are still praying and drooling that the other Pat will come
out of her pnemonia soon.

Food Tossing: Ruger & Colt will grab a couple pieces of their food and bring
it to the living room to eat.  Ruger will toss it up in the air and chase it
down a couple of times before eating his. After going back into the kitchen
to get more food once or twice they will then settle down and eat their
breakfast/dinner.  I guess they are doing their supper time dance. LOL

Tail amputations: My Wolfgang ATB had to have his tail amputated due to a
lump on his tail that had adhered to the bone.  I cried! He had a beautiful
feathered tail, but better to loose his tail then to loose him.  Once it was
all healed we had no further problems other than he looked a little
different with his new docked tail look.  I had people say "I've never seen
a basset with a docked tail, why on earth would you do that?"

Walking Multiple Dogs: Actually Colt and Ruger walk very well
together...But...I started them on leash training at 8 weeks old with the
Ceaser Millan style of walking them. (dogs on short leash next to me and not
in front of me) and I use the Ezy Dog collor & leash system.  Now I can give
them a tad bit more leash and usually have no problems walking them.  The
only issue that I do have is when one of them poops and I am trying to pick
it up, like the good slave that I am but they want to get away from the poop
and the embarressment of their human picking it up...I guess to them it is
not socially acceptable for the slave to pick up their pooh out in public.
Back in the Day of the Fab 5 I use to be able to walk all 5 of them at the
same time.  But I will admit that they were not the typical 'gotta sniff
everything" hounds.  When the leashes went on it was all about the
walk...except for Storm ATB who would rather be laying on the couch watching
tv...to him a walk was just torment that he had to endure.

OHHH!!! Almost forgot. We had two beautiful basset brothers, and just like
my two boys they are brothers from the same litter.  (I wonder if they came
from the same breeder as my two????) that came into Doggie Daycare today.
They are soooo sweet and sooo handsome!  Their names are Hootie & Harley...I
hope that I get to see them again!  i just love their cute little smooshy
faces.

Love, and drool to all
Michele Momma to the Bad A** Basset Brothers
Colt & Ruger "Momma ask the basset brothers to come over for a play date"