[Dailydrool] Flexis

Marilyn Briggs marbriggs at att.net
Wed Jun 22 18:16:31 PDT 2011

I think flexis have a place, but aren't for all circumstances. I use them walking my dogs at a horse trail/gully/mountain type trail place. They are wonderful. Dogs can run ahead, be behind--whatever. I think mine are 16 ft. However. For the St. Patrick's Day Parade, or Strut Your Mutt, or neighborhood walking, they aren't allowed/aren't very good. Yes, you can lock them off, but it is easier to have a short leash with more control in the city or on a sidewalk. I really do love the flexis for the way we do most of our walks. They help me walking multiples, as the dogs don't have to all be really close to me. I do use choke chains with the flexis. They never wear them except on the walks. All of mine can get rid of a collar and regular leash hookup with the shake of a head and be off, if there is something entertaining enough. One of mine managed to slip out of the choke chain yesterday to have a minor altercation with a golden on the trail. Crazy he
 could do that. And crazy with a golden, they are usually pretty mellow, as is my guy. Don't know what was up with that.

Marilyn Briggs