[Dailydrool] Saturday June 25th is Basset Fun Day!!!

Houndy2 at aol.com Houndy2 at aol.com
Wed Jun 22 22:46:59 PDT 2011

Please come to our Basset Fun Day this Saturday 12 - 3
go to _www.aocb.com_ (http://www.aocb.com)  for an interactive map  and
directions from your house to Basset Fun Day!

WE WILL BE SHOWING THE BEAUTIFUL QUILT THAT ~~ELLIE WRIGHT~~ MADE FOR THE
RESCUE and tickets will start to go on sale at Fun Day and continue to be
for  sale until our HOWL -O- Ween  Party in October. You do not need to be
present to win.

This annual rescue fundraiser is especially fun for the hounds because they
 can FREELY go around loosely...heh heh heh...they tend to run in a packs
and swoop around or just sniff around or hang by ...all so fun for us
hoomans to  watch the antics as the Bassets take over the entire Doggy Daycare
Facility.  Rain or shine it is $10 per person. Hounds and dog furrends go free
as long as  they are get along dogs. Lunch for all is included plus some
corn ball little  gifts to each person to say thank you for coming and
supporting our small  but mighty rescue.  Kerchiefs and "MAG-NUTS" are the goodies
this year  plus as always food samples (thank you Auntie Sandy).

We will have a Basset Buffet and a Human Buffet Picnic Lunch  and it is all
pretty much interchangeable foods too! except no junk  foods on the Basset
Buffet Table! lol  We aim for Healthy good  stuff...but we do falter and get
chips for the people  table  ....will bring treets for the buffet tables
too. We all look forward  to THE POTATO SALAD...gee he gets leaped on as soon
as he walks in the  door with THE POTATO SALAD!

There will be games and contests some new ones every year like last  year
the Naughtiest Dog Tale...judged by the crowd. Very entertaining tales  wild
eyed Cloo the Basset and fish heads and Bassets doing interesting eccentric
sometimes things... pretty funny stories. Not too many contests..just  11
contests with one prize bag going to some Lucky Dog of the day for no
reason. Costume Contests and Best trick etc.

We will have a Pawdicure Demo (how to use the dremmel showing some  tricks
of the grooming salon and show going crowd)  We will demo on well  behaved
Bassets and some not so well behaved  just to show how it is done  even if
the Basset (prefers nails to be claws and long...so does not really wish  to
cooperate). there are different ways to approach nail trims and we can give
you some good pointers. Just watching how easy it is done when a Basset is
used to having it done weekly is so great. It really is not a big deal. They
are  so much healthier and  walk better with short nails.

Patty Crawford is putting together 15 raffle baskets and one of them
includes one of her famous quilted dog beds, One of the raffle basket is a  BBQ,
one is a Sandicast statue...all kinds of good things to win and our odds
are pretty good considering that we have a small (but mighty) rescue
picnic...maybe only 80 or so hounds. Still that's a good amount and we sure  would
welcome you if you could come!

Please call (425) 891-9375 with any questions and/or email questions to any
 of us in the email adresses included in the Sendto Copy to line.

Please come if you can you and your hounds will be sure to have a fine
time.
Love and Woofs from Alexa Owned and Loved by Hudson and  Henry
Coordinator for the Basset Rescue of Puget Sound
_www.adoptabasset.net_ (http://www.adoptabasset.net)