[Dailydrool] Miss Angela administers aid

bjenk1 at cox.net bjenk1 at cox.net
Thu Jun 23 11:25:24 PDT 2011

Bill here, press agent/personal trainer to Miss Angela Basset,
Droop and Diva of Wichita and Sedgwick County

Miss Angela is not well known for her selflessness, compassion
or solicitude. There, I've said it (and will probably catch flack about
it later).  However, this week she has been an absolute angel.
Her faithful employee has been down since Sunday with some
kind of insidious crud. ( Suffice it to say that I lack confidence to
cough, belch or pass gas.) Angela has not had her walks and has
been, I fear, neglected.  However, rather than threatening to put
another note in my ever growing employment file or making small
deposits of displeasure in hidden corners, she has been in full
Florence Nightengale mode.  She has climbed up in my lap many
times a day to lay her head against my chest and comfort me.
She usually comes up once or twice a day, but this week has
averaged five or six time per day and the duration of the cuddling
has also increased.  I have been amazed and terribly grateful for
her solicitude.  She has been an absolute angel of mercy.

That said, when my nephew came over today to do some yard
work for me, she took advantage to dash outside and run off
down the block, daring me to chase her.  Still, she did not put
up the spirited chase that usually characterizes this game and
she allowed me to corral her only one house away.

Bill (whoops, gotta go)
Angela (don't get used to this)