[Dailydrool] Flexi's

Jodie Dew jodster1966 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 23 11:06:27 PDT 2011

I used to use a Flexi lead with 2 of my girls.  One day one of them went past the other and back around.  The flexi line was right around the one's throat and had the 2nd girl taken off it could have taken her head off or choaked her for sure.  I still have nightmares.  I did notice on the directions of the package the flexi came in said not to get your fingers caught in it as it could take your finger off.  My daughter had an aweful "rope" burn on her leg once while wearing shorts and walking with the flexi.  If a dog sees something and takes off behind you - ouch!!!!!
I agree with Bev and have no problems using a prong.  As long as you are trained properly to use them in the correct way.  We spent several hours with a trainer learning the correct procedure during training.  We always use regular collars for backup should a link undo and only use them for walking/training and then take them off when they are finished.
I have no problem walking 3 girls.  They seem to all go at the same speed and want to smell the same things.  It's NOT a fast walk but fun.

Jodie