[Dailydrool] My babies are six weeks

Vickie Zehring bubadog at comcast.net
Thu Jun 23 14:32:59 PDT 2011

Hard to believe I started this venture six weeks ago.When Esa and babies came home from the Vets they seemed so little, now ,they are ranging between 5 and 7 lbs. You can't pick them up with one hand anymore. Their sweet little innocent faces stare up at me and I love them all. This will be a tough litter for me to let go of. I know all the personalities. I've always known going into this (raising,breeding etc.) that I cannot keep them all,and I confess ,that up till now,there wasn't a litter that I wanted to keep more than one from. The homes some of these puppies are going to could not be better. One male puppy from this litter goes to the co- owner of Esa,one male goes to the stud owner,who I hope picks the boy with the white blaze,one female goes ,hopefully,to a breeder/judge in the Midwest,one female is mine,and one male will be going to a lovely family in Maryland,who has lost their rescued basset to cancer. Where the others will be placed yet is unknown but I will pick the homes they go to and unless I am happy with those who want one of these babies they will not leave me . The time I spend with these guys is absolutely  a blessing. I will miss them all dearly. They have been my greatest joy when I was in pain from the Sciatica.That is mostly gone so I enjoy them even more now.