[Dailydrool] Basset Books for Kids

Susan Tonjes sdtonjes at comcast.net
Fri Jun 24 00:35:50 PDT 2011

I bought "Charlie the Ranch Dog" for my daughter because it is beautifully illustrated. THEN I bought it as an e-book for my Nook for my 4-year old grandson.  He loves it!  He likes doing the interactive things (although for an interactive e-book, his favorite is "Splat the Cat") and it holds his attention well.  I like it when Charlie howls at the cow in the garden. The author Ree Drummond does the reading for the e-book and the cover flap has a picture of her real basset Charlie and when I bought the hardcover copy, the bookstore told me that she has more pictures of him at her website.

Susan Tonjes
Blue 6/9/99-1/11/11
Jonesy 6/9/99-1/11/06