[Dailydrool] I'm In Charge (an observation)

DIERKER j.mdierker at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 25 23:52:28 PDT 2011

I'm in charge here. I must be. I've raised my humans and sent them out into the world, I've had so many pets, I'm sure I must know what I'm doing. I get up in the morning, crawl over Yogi, (because he's easier to crawl over than Bunny)and get out of bed. I have to give Carlie Jane a treat before I can get in the shower (I have a bowl of these in the bedroom). Then I get dressed really fast because the howling can get deafening. I feed them pronto. Then they go out, but Carlie only walks out on the step, then comes back in for a treat, then she'll go out again.  Then they all come in, get a treat, then Carlie goes out by herself because she likes her privacy. Then Bernie wants to go out and pick up the dog dirt so I don't have to, but I tell him no because I'm in charge. I eat breakfast with my feet up, because there's no room to put them down.  I go in the family room and sit down in the recliner, but Carlie gets in the other recliner and walks across
 the end table (which has a quilted top because she likes to just lay on it sometimes) to stare at me because she wants my recliner. I'm sure I'm in charge, but I giver her my recliner. By now Dolly's taken the other one so I take a couch. I'm not alone for long cause Yogi's been watching this all play out. I pet all the hair off of all the dogs, then I vacuum. I'm sure I'm in charge but I'm vacuuming around the dogs laying on the floor. I eye up the recliner again, but I know it's not gonna happen. I can only load my dishwasher after they go to bed, because every time I pull a rack out, they push it back in while they try to lick the dirty stuff. At night, I give Yogi a treat to get ON the bed (I'm fairly certain I'm in charge still). Why give a dog a treat to get on a bed? Because he intentionally takes Bunny's bed because he knows she wants it, and knows I'll bribe him to get out of it. I have to give Carlie and Dolly and Bunny a treat too, just
 because fair is fair. Then I retreat to the bathroom where I SHUT the door and I'm all by myself. I knew I was in charge somewhere along the line. When I come out of my solitude, Yogi's intentionally laid on my side and is pretending not to notice me. Funny, but the only thing that get's him to notice me and give me a foot of the bed is another treat. I lay down as fast as I can before he can dash back up there. I have a queen size bed but buy king size comforters and turn them sideways so there's enough to stretch across the top of the bed once all the dog bodies are up pulling it down in the  middle. Yogi lays his head across me and won't move until I kiss him and yank him up closer.My husband is snoring and I'm thinking about what a lovely day it was and how I need to fill up that bowl of treats in the bedroom before I can shower. It's alot of work being in charge but life is good.
Janet, Yogi, Carlie Jane, Dolly, Bernie and Bunny