[Dailydrool] I'm In Charge (an observation)

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 26 13:40:25 PDT 2011

Wow Janet, what a great post.
I'm in charge too from the looks of things.  Cyrus needs a treat to get into bed and another to get down at the foot of the bed and another to get BACK down to the foot of the bed at 3AM.  I get to brush my teeth in the morning before I feed the dogs but ONLY if I close the bathroom door.  And also only if I can ignore Snoopy's thump, thump, thumping as he happily slams his tail into the door waiting for me to appear.
After dinner and coffee we take a dog walk.  It doesn't matter if we need a dog walk or not.  Even if we've been to the dog park and had six or seven dog walks already after dinner is dog walk time.  Period.  Because I'm in charge.
Snoopy sleeps with Natalie.  Did I mention that Natalie is away at summer camp?  Well, there are at least four dog beds scattered around the house (not counting couches and reading chairs and futons which are all actually dog beds, because after all I'm in charge).  Saturday morning at 3AM Snoopy comes in and wakes me up and takes me into Natalies room and insists that I boost him up on the bed (get out the ramp first so he can get safely down because I'm in charge) and then he insists that i get into her bed too and snuggle him and then about 4:15 he decides that while I'm nice I'm not quite Natalie and LEAVES down the ramp and heads for the couch.  Good thing I'm in charge.
The other night in the middle of the night my DH nudged me and asked "got any dog cookies over there I need Cyrus to move over?"  Good think we're in charge here.
Dale .... with Cyrus and Snoopy