[Dailydrool] Update on Midnight and a question

patricia vizgart ourmimz at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 26 11:59:46 PDT 2011

Midnight, (Daisy since we adopted her) was one of the Red Bluff rescues of 09, and we can't imagine our lives without her.    Ladybug, our 11 year old basset is finally accepting her, she has become somewhat grumpy as of late...We still feed Daisy in the bathroom with the light on, she bounces around when she hears us put on our jackets for a walk (often, because she is sooooo cute about it we can't resist), and she is such a snuggler!We have been taking her to a very nice dog park because we wanted her to get a little exercise...Ladybug stays in the car after a short walk there because she gets too nervous (the first time we went there they had a track meet at the school next door and the pop of the gun set her off, she can't seem to forget that).   Although Daisy does not seem nervous, she will not leave my side, off the leash, she just sits there and watches all the other dogs romp around.    I have also tried working with her to catch...play
 just does not seem to be part of who she is...    Any suggestions about how to get her to romp?? I walk her around the dog park and she seems interested but that is as far as it goes.ThanksPatti @ ourmimz at yahoo.com