[Dailydrool] What A Welcome & An Ear Question

Kimi Adolph kimizmail at comcast.net
Tue Jun 28 08:47:10 PDT 2011

We were absolutely overwhelmed at the reception Edmond and I received from all the Droolers! Thank you so much.

As
 a new Basset owner I think I have a basic question that I need
answered. I have Edmond's ear cleaner (for inside his ears, close to his
 head) and we get those clean at least once a week during his grooming
session. But on his ear flaps near the edge on the lower third of his
ears he gets this black, gunky buildup. I can't tell if its drool, his
eyes weeping (he has been itching them a lot) or what. I have to get it
wet and comb his ears with a fine-toothed come to get them clean and its
 back in the next 48 hours. Any tips, suggestions or ideas? Is this just
 something that will be part of his grooming regimen?

Thanks!
Kimi