[Dailydrool] Rosie's Pill Saga Continues

Carol Gazzara carolgazzara at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 29 05:15:28 PDT 2011

Want to thank all who sent info/advice on our "Pill" situation.

I did google the meds after speaking with the Pharm. Mgr. and she tried to back peddle into "generic".  I saw the pill that Rosie is supposed to be taking and it matches the 2nd script we received.  BUT....the 1st script (7 pills) is the questionable one.  She took them all at one per day and Thank goodness she is fine.  The Vet called to say he is so sorry but they can't figure out what med they gave her in the 1st script (scarey huh?).  He apologized and said he'd credit my account for the 1st script ($78 worth) and he is changing her antibiotic to a less strong one since her culture came back with a pretty common strain of bacteria that will respond to a milder drug.  I asked him to call it into PUBLIX (our local supermarket).  He didn't hesitate at my request - as I think he realizes that a) I'm upset/angry b) I don't trust his Pharmacy tech/mgr  c) he's lucky I didn't read him the riot act.  He will keep Rosie on these new meds for 10 additional days.

I told him I really want to know the med she was on and I'd like to come in and look thru his PDR, he said "sure, as I'd also like to know what we gave her".  He then went on to say "I don't want you too worried as whatever drug it was should be out of her system right now and it doesn't appear that it affected her and we don't keep any bad drugs on premise like Cancer drugs and such".  Well, lucky for him she didn't get affected by the 1st drug and I don't believe he has no "bad" drugs on premise - any drug you don't need, in my book, is a BAD drug!

I'm thinking I will pick up her x-rays, bloodwork, unrine culture report and move to another Vet.  I'm so very disappointed and I will be looking thru his PDR.  I coulding find a PDR I could peruse thru the web just PDR's for sale.

I'll keep you posted but once again thanks to all who replied and keep the advice coming.

Carol and Rosie in Florida