[Dailydrool] abraham

LOIS LEMA lemalois at verizon.net
Wed Jun 29 21:54:57 PDT 2011

Abe  Galinkin ...shuffling off to the bridge...just ain't right..he gave it a valiant fight...& will be sorely missed by everyone.  especially his momma.

i will miss him...abe was as long as i am tall...i would come to the dog park after they had visited & all i would hear about was this HUGE basset with the "name"..& i knew who had been there...& what a magnificent name it was...just perfect!  i would say it & often people wouldn't get it right away..i would tell them..say it...slowly..out out...& they would..& then they would smile...& then i would say..he lived with a cat named mary todd...& even more smiles would happen.

abe was awesome...he would wander into the water at the beach.  would be decked out in his holiday best for the holidays at the holiday party...he was just abraham.

a funny thing happened today...for the first time since mr cooper passed  i saw a groundhog inside the dog park..it's been a year since coop left...not 1 ground hog since then.  today there was one inside.  there was a husky (who has killed a few) & buster, sally, lowla & ivy a st bernard/ppointer mix with me & a few others in the park.  they saw the hog, approached it...barked at it...but did not harm it.  the husky by all rights normally would have dispatched it.  sally had eyes on it...but not one dog made any attempt to hurt it.

it struck me as odd that this groundhog was around today...& no one killed it or hurt it.  really. coop came right to mind...i called my friend & told her that he had stopped by to pay a visit...she said she had not seen any hogs either all spring (he had wiped out 11 of them inside the park before he passed 1 yr ago)

i got home & immediately saw the note about abe...who knows..maybe coop was letting me know all was good...maybe it was nothing...i just know that 5 dogs should have had that groundhog for dinner & not 1 of them even went near a young healthy one...

coop knew abe.  they met at parties, events, the park.  ..coop even escaped from abe's yard once & took a stroll to walmart...(there aren't any walmarts near my house...he just felt the need for a little adventure i guess)

anyway..god speed abe...safe passage...say hi to my boy...i will miss you.

lois
buster, sally & lowla

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."  Albert Einstein

"Antiquity"                @www blurb .com
"Tater Takes a Trip" @  www.blurb.com
"Passion...a journey"  @ www.blurb.com