[Dailydrool] Shelter challenge

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 10 14:53:32 PDT 2011

Belly Rubs Basset Rescue is doing great in this round of the Shelter Challenge
thanks to faithful voting by droolers. One more week to go--keep voting. Has
anyone else noted something funny about the numbers on the results chart? If you
add up all the percentages on the Tennessee chart, the total percentage of all
votes cast comes way short of 100%. The legend above the charts says that the
figures are only "benchmarks", not accurate tallies. So it is not really clear
what the real numbers are (why it is important to keep voting). Still, surely
the relative proportions aren't way off....let's hope. (This explains why there
was that huge jump in numbers overnight one time last go around when we were
voting for Ozark Mountain).

And has a consensus developed yet on which shelter will get our votes next time?
Off the top of my head I can recall nominations for BarCSE, House of Puddles,
and Looziana. Are all three registered with Petfinder? (The Rescue needs to be
registered with Petfinder to participate, if I remember correctly).

It is a great pleasure to be able to use collective basset voting power to help
out rescues.