[Dailydrool] My friend Jo

Sally King sallyemking at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jun 12 08:22:21 PDT 2011

I would like to thank those of you who sent kind thoughts, prayers and drool for my friend Jo. Sadly, she went to the bridge on Thursday night. I learned of it as I was half-way up the motorway, headed to Birmingham for the annual Midlands Basset Weekend.
I can't believe she has gone. I can't believe breaking an ankle can end like this. I am devastated to have lost a good friend. Her sons are going to take on her dogs, for which I am thankful. I was worrying all weekend about how to rehome four, while I was still trying to rehome the bonded basset bitches I already have.
One thing I know, Jo has many friends waiting for her at Rainbow Bridge. All the rescues she has given homes to over the years will be there to welcome her. They may not be bassets, but they were needy and some of them were unlikely to be taken by anyone else, due to behaviour or age.
Sally, feeling very sad, with Rolph and Clara, UK