[Dailydrool] Thundershirt

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 10:34:36 PDT 2011

Ok I have to make this basset related so I will say now the T-shirt is not
for any of the Bassets who consider storms another reason to nap.
I bought one long ago for their highly nerved, long-legged housemate and I
found that unless i put it on at least 20 minutes before the first
thunderclap it did no good whatsoever. And then I found COMPOSURE. It is, I
hasten to say, EXPENSIVE. And, it works. At least if you get it into the dog
20 minutes before the first roll of thunder. AND I put the thundershirt on.
The two combined have proved enough to settle the dog in question to a dull
roar. He still seeks help. He still sits on my face at 3 a.m, but he can now
be coaxed off and convinced to lay NEXT to me. Eventually, when the
COMPOSURE really takes hold he will look for a corner to sleep in.
As expensive as it is, I bought the treat form from my Vet. It may be
cheaper other places. Cooper gets two and a third later. I do not give it
every day as he is a fairly mellow dog normally, and also has cancer.

But I do suggest you try both if your dog does not respond to just one. It
has certainly helped us.

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Conley and Cooper.