[Dailydrool] how do droolers walk more than one basset?

R Groves dd-post at thegroves.net
Tue Jun 21 15:03:30 PDT 2011

Ever heard of the human Maypole? ... if not.. walk three at a time on three
individual leads.. :)

generally I have two leads in one hand.. and the 3rd lead in the other ...
the two in the one hand are my "i wanna go forward" hounds.. and the other
is my "i'm good just keeping up with papa" hound.. :)

Even with this.. which has upset me regularly at my sister that always
claims to want to go on basset things ... and at the last minute drops out
on me.. its very very difficult ... and trying to take pictures whilst
holding three is pretty much a "how blurry can I make this" adventure.. :)

-Robert

PS. Also with the leads.. they are all equal length 6 ft ... and I generally
rotate my hand/arm  to keep the two leashes from the maypole action.  When
you try to do three this way I generally end up keeping my slowest hound as
the bottom / last leash so that I can take it off that hand, do the rotating
as needed to untangle the other two, and then put his leash back on the one
hand ... next time I do this I'll take pictures so folks can have a better
frame of reference.. :-)  And note ... you should see what its like trying
to do FIVE at once to a pawrade through people .... never again and if my
sister back out on that one ever again I'd likely shoot her! :)

  _____

Subject: [Dailydrool] how do droolers walk more than one basset?

I ask this as today I walked two, and it wasn't easy at all.