[Dailydrool] Pat Update - Saturday Night

Sandi Wittenberg sandi at redbaybassets.com
Sat Jun 25 21:27:43 PDT 2011

Not a whole lot of news . everything is about the same.  CT scan of the
brain showed no acute changes, chest xray slightly better, did a lumbar
puncture today since she still has a fever.  She breathed on her own for
about 2 hours today with 50% oxygen but her BP, heart rate and respiration
steadily increased during that time, so she is back on the ventilator at 50%
overnight.  She definitely is responsive to noise and activity, as she
becomes agitated when the ICU is busy although she does have a private room
(all the rooms in the ICU are private).  Tonight they shut the doors,
darkened the room and eliminated any auditory stimuli and she immediately
settled into a more restful sleep.

Today I spent most of the day at Vacation Bible School teaching the science
portion of God's Miracles through Color . rainbows, plants and animals.
Hard work, but fun and a good diversion.  Got home a little after 5 PM to
discover that Opie was not feeling well . in fact, yelping in pain.  Took
him in to the vet . ultrasound showed nothing, suspect he "tweaked" his
neck/back while playing.  No neurological symptoms, so we are doing
tramadol, crate rest and observation at home.  If you can sling a tiny bit
of drool to Opie, I would appreciate it.  I certainly have enough drama in
my life without a sick doggie.

Sandi