[Dailydrool] So much sadness and Advice please re 4am waking....

Rebecca Stanton stumpypaws at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Mar 1 13:52:39 PST 2011

There is so much sadness on the DD right now and our hearts go out to all those
who have lost recently. Drool being sent too for all those who need it. Can
anyone give us any advice - we have a tiny problem. Morse always slept
downstairs in the house and all was fine, but since moving he has slept upstairs
with us, on a duvet by the bed. I love that, but a slight problem has arisen.
Morse wants his breakfast early, and when I say early I mean early - 2am. Now, I
suppose he always did want to have breakfast early but when he slept downstairs
he had to wait for us to get up and come down to him. Now he gets up and
(loudly) shakes himself thoroughly (this starts every time at around 2am) and
stares at us expectantly. We have by this time been shaken from our slumber and
are blinking (disbelievingly) at the clock. When we see that it is only 2am we
tell him to go back to sleep, which he does, albeit a little grumpily, but he
then will only wait until around 4.30am at the latest before it all starts
again. If we try and make him go back to sleep then, he will start to whine
pitifully which gets louder and louder, so in the end we just give in and give
him his breakfast. After that he goes straight back to sleep and (most
annoyingly) sleeps until the afternoon while I, if I am at work, have to get up
at 6.30am and am a bit bleary eyed for much of the day. What can we do? I  don't
want him sleeping downstairs - I love hearing his little snores! - so if it
carries on I will just put up with it - or can any ingenious droolers think of
any way how we can convince Morse that 7.00am is so much more civillised?

Becky (snore), Morse (I need my breakfast) and Pumbaa ATB (I wouldnt have
dreamed of being so badly behaved)