[Dailydrool] liver enzymes

DAISY7521 at aol.com DAISY7521 at aol.com
Wed Mar 2 16:40:30 PST 2011

Hi everyone, just  me, I don't post too often, but I  always know I can
depend on you to give me advice.
We brought our 3 girls in today for the heartworm test and  pills for
spring, and at the same time we did a mini profile, just to get a  baseline check
on kidneys, liver, and glucose.  Honey, 10 yrs. old came  back fine,
Scooby, 10 yrs. old, came back fine.  Dottie's one liver enzyme,  came back at
252, and vet said between o - 118 is normal for that  enzyme. Dottie is 6.  All
3 are on only 25 mgs. deramaxx.  It  helps Dottie with her front legs,
Honey with her back legs, and Scooby with  arthritis in her back legs. Vet
didn't seem to think it was from the deramaxx,  but the tech looked it up, and it
is a side affect. They tested her for 2  enzymes, I don't know which ones
they were, one was higher than normal, the  other one was fine. He said take
her off the deramaxx, and come back in a month  for a full profile.  Now my
neighbors dog, enzymes were 900. They did an  ultra sound, and it was fine.
So now she is O n a diet, and losing weight,  hoping that will bring it
down.  Her vet wasn't that concerned at 900,  isn't that a lot worse then 252??
Does anyone know how many liver enzymes  there are, or what is normal for
different ones? Needless to say, I am totally  freaked out.  Yes, Dottie
should lose at least 10 lbs. they all should.  Maybe that will help???  I am
hoping someone can give me some  encouragement.
Vet said some dogs get prosasis.  Also, do you think I  should use milk
thistle on Dottie???? It wouldn't make it worse would it?   Thank you so much
for reading this, and being patient with Dotties mama that's a  wreck

In a message dated 3/2/2011 2:09:05 P.M. Central Standard Time,