[Dailydrool] Thank You!

Gwen Dossey pengwen65 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 3 08:25:05 PST 2011

Shawn and I want to thank everyone who sent condolence e-mails, texts or phone
calls to us on the loss of our baby girl Casper this past Monday!  Your words
have been comforting and let us know that she was special to all that met her,
not just to her family!!  I have been printing out all of them and have put them
in a binder, just like I did when we lost our Sadie Jean nearly 4 years ago!!
The basset community is the best!!  I am SO glad to be a part of it!!  My
friends and family are the best, too and we love you all!!  XOXOXO

Teddi and Madden have been a huge help!  Madden has taken over Casper's job of
letting us know when it's dinner time and both have been super cuddly which has
been needed big time!!  We took our first walk without Casper yesterday.  We
were all worn out when we got home.  I fear that we are out of shape!

I picked out the box that her ashes will be stored in.  It is beautiful!  It has
a dog (although not a basset) looking down a path that leads to the water with
the mountains in the distance, lots of trees, quail and deer!  All of Casper's
favorite things and favorite places to walk!!  I think it was called "Peaceful
Path".  She should be home in about 2 weeks and will take her place amongst her
siblings that had past before her!

We are hoping to have nice weather on 3/26/11 so that we can take a memorial
walk on the beach with all of our friends!  If you and your hounds are near San
Francisco the last Saturday of the month, we hope that y'all can join us at Fort
Funston!

Well - time for breakfast for a couple of hounds - Thank You all again!!

Gwen, Shawn, Teddi and Madden
ATB: Casper Dory Dossey