[Dailydrool] Ivy Rose

Gbounders at aol.com Gbounders at aol.com
Sat Mar 5 20:04:28 PST 2011

Need some suggestions.  This afternoon after a massive Grand Mal  seizure
we had to help our beloved 14 yr old Golden Retriever Ivy Rose to the
Bridge.  Our Vet is fantastic and met us there even though it was after  hours.
We are still in shock and mourning her loss but we know with her  health
issues and the battle we have been fighting to save her it was  necessary.
Ivy's brother, Rudy, a 10 yr old rescue basset is taking this  poorly.  We were
so involved with Ivy during and after this huge seizure  that neither myself
nor my husband can say where Rudy was in the house.   Once I had
arrangements made with the Vet our young tenant came over to help us  carry Ivy to the
car....all of this happened within 30 minutes and we were out  the door and
headed to the Vet.  It is odd for Rudy not to be around when  our tenant
came in or when we were heading out the door.  I suspect Rudy  saw the seizure
and it scared him.  I know it scared us it was so  violent.  We were back
home without Ivy within 30 minutes.  Our Vet is  close by.  Since then Rudy
is looking scared and looks at the area where  Ivy had the seizure with fear.
 He is whimpering and in general looking  depressed.  We are giving him
extra attention and love.  Any other  suggestions?

Appreciate the help in advance,
Iris, Dick and Rudy