[Dailydrool] Creeping age

Sally King sally.king at nqe.com
Mon Mar 7 07:22:26 PST 2011

Yesterday I took Rolph for his annual injections and check up.  He will be seven in October.

The vet told me he was in excellent condition and a good weight, BUT he has the start of arthritis in his legs.

This does not surprise me. Rolph has always had a much stiffer gait than Clara and will not get up into the car (although is quite happy to get up on to the sofa or my bed!).

He has been taking glucosamine and chondroitin as well as cod liver oil for the past three years. I cannot get Sod Boswellia in this country - only boswellia by itself.  Is it worth giving him that? And if I do, should I continue with the other stuff? What do people think?

Yesterday we went for a walk in the sunshine and for the first time I noticed his handsome mainly black coat has a glisten of silver through it. Likewise Clara has quite a white muzzle and patches of grey on her shoulder and hips. :((

I wonder if age and arthritis will dull Rolph's adventures?

Sally, with Rolph and Clara, UK