[Dailydrool] Naughty girls (in plain text this time)

dpmcquade at verizon.net dpmcquade at verizon.net
Mon Mar 7 12:43:49 PST 2011

<<Both counter cruise so well that they can now reach things on top of the piano, which was our last refuge. >>

It's amazing to me how far a counter cruising basset can jump. Nothing is safe, no matter how far you put it from those short legs. Jane used to get to the back of our stove with great regularity until we got a stove that had racks on top, and she couldn't get purchase on the stovetop--or maybe the racks were just uncomfortable.

Outwitting a basset is really difficult. If you do so, it may just be by accident--as it was in this case. Best thing to do is ALWAYS to put things away where bassets cannot get them. I learned that when Jane scarfed up a bottle of my blood pressure medication and I had to call the ASPCA poison hotline on a Sunday afternoon, when my vet was not around.

Meanwhile, my basset boys are just perfect. Except for the time when Bel ate a poisoned mouse and Abner's recent fetish in which he'll chew on anything plastic. (I'm sure more things will come to mind, if I just think on it for a few minutes.)

Alexis never ate anything but used tissues. She was the really perfect one! See what adopting a senior will do for you!

Aren't bassets wonderful?
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets