[Dailydrool] Bad girls & boys

Cathy Burlew cburlew at rochester.rr.com
Mon Mar 7 13:10:53 PST 2011

The two basset girls I have had Waddles ATB and Waltzing Maggie Mae, have been very little trouble.  Neither have destroyed much and both have never counter cruised.  Both would yell at bad boys.  Though I think Waddles preferred people to other bassets.

Now Wrinkles ATB a male would counter cruise, drink out of the toilet if the cover was not down, get into the garbage if the cover could come off.  Wrinkles would love his freedom on weekends at the cottage and in the early morning hours would take his own walk and come back in 20 to 45 minutes.  He love obedience lessons, and would let me know when another dog was misbehaving and thought I should give him a treat for being good.  He was my clown, my talker, my performer, my heart dog.  Wrinkles took a lot of training, but he was so worth it.

W Maggie Mae the girl I have now is wonderful and so full of life.  Instead of getting older she seems to act more like a puppy every day.

I think we get the basset we need at the time.  They are all so precious, in their own way.

Cathy B