[Dailydrool] Vet meds

Elizabeth Franz lizjnf at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 07:04:30 PST 2011

I guess I am fortunate.  My dogs have required a number of
prescriptions over the years.  Due to a high maintenance hound in my
past, I think we built part of the new wing whent hey expanded.
However, it was my vet who first suggested that I fill the Rx at a
human pharmacy.

Most recently, we needed to start Bentley on medication for seizures.
I have kept the same vet for years, although I have moved across town,
making it a 35-45 minute drive to the vet.  Rather than trek accross
town, she offered to call in the Rx to the pharmacy just down the
street.

I have also dealt with another vet, and let her know that although I
love my dogs, cost is an issue.  Once again, I was able to fill the Rx
at the human pharmacy.  In this economy, there are a lot of people
struggling to make ends meet.  I wouldn't be shy about letting the vet
know that.  They should know that you always have the option of moving
your business to another vet who will work with you!

Elizabeth
Valentine and Bentley
(Alexis and Annie ATB)