[Dailydrool] Droolers...

Tom McLeskey tbmclesk at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 02:49:58 PST 2011

Hello everyone.  Thomas here... Soldier Daddy to Drake, Roo, Bo and
Stryker, and Husband to Bambi McLeskey.  I am once again
deployed...only a year ago, I was in Iraq headed home and now I find
myself in the Horn of Africa.  If you are watching the news, you will
see a lot going on in my area...from civil uprisings to Pirates.  Just
wanted to drop a line because I felt compelled to say thank you to
everyone who posts on here.  I get the digest once a day, and always
save it til the afternoon as sort of a pick me up.  Nigel, Llewis,
Conley, Mr. Cooper, Brudder Elwood....thank ya'll so much for your
misadventures.  I can always count on you and your MomPs to submit
great antics and they always brighten my day.  I love staying in the
loop of the World of Houndage, and always love sharing in the joys,
news and even sadness when one of our friends goes to the Bridge.
Rest assured, I always crack a "Chem Light" to help light their way.
I just want to tell everyone thank you for doing what you do on here.
Reading your posts always makes me feel a little closer to home.  As I
sit at my desk, I am surrounded by pictures of my 4 fur babies.  Some
folks do not understand that my wife and I center our lives around
rescued dogs instead of children, but all too often someone will stop
in and tell me all about their dog(s) back home, and how they miss
them.  Once or twice my fellow service members found it near
impossible to hold back tears when talking about their 4 leggers.  I
truly believe in the healing power of pets.  They can touch places in
our hearts that nothing else can.  And I believe that Hound Folk are
some of the finest people to walk the earth, even though I am biased
and love my Labs, Hounds come in a very close second, which is amazing
with such sort legs ;-)  Ya'll take care.  -Tom

--
Thomas B. McLeskey
1LT, AR, USA

"Doctrine is the last refuge for the unimaginative."