[Dailydrool] Penelope

Dianne Taylor sokermom5 at live.com
Thu Mar 10 09:39:03 PST 2011

My foster girl, Penelope, has been battling a UTI for about 2 1/2 months.  She has had four rounds of antibiotics and a sulfa drug without   much luck.  She doesn't have as much blood in her urine as she did, but it's still loaded with white cells.  She will have an ultrasound of her bladder on Monday, 3/14.  Foster Mommy is worried.

I've been fostering this sweet girl since the end of December and she is undoubtedly the most frightened doggie I have ever had (in my many years of owning dogs and cats).  She does not have an aggressive bone in her body and she loves to play with the other hounds, but you can tell she is even very cautious around them.  She does much better around me than my hubby.  The vet says they can see a lot of improvement in her, but I guess because I'm with her all the time, it's hard for me to see it.

The other day, she ran up to me and put her front paws up on my legs and waited to be petted.  I thought I was going to cry - this was the first time she has done this.  Baby steps. . .

This girl pulls at my heartstrings so much.  If your houndies and other furbabies have any spare drool to sling, please send a little Penelope's way.  Penelope will be so thankful, and so will I.

Thanks my fellow Droolers,

Dianne Taylor - Slave to Morgan, J.D., and foster girl, Penelope a/k/a Squints