[Dailydrool] Snores

julie h jules56pt at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 12 20:21:19 PST 2011

All four girls are in the family room snoring to their hearts content.  Ninja is so sleepy she doesn't realize that Shelby is right under my feet.  Ninja usually tries tries to rid the world of Shelby on a regular basis.  Tonight she tried to get rid of Marley.  Marley was very surprised.  However, it was funny a few minutes later when Ninja was cuddling with the boyslave.  Maggie decided she wanted to sit on the back of the couch like a cat.  80 pounds of basset on the back of the couch is quite a sight.  She didn't quite make it.  Instead her butt ended up on the boyslave.  He was pushed back onto Ninja.  World War III was about to commence but Ninja decided that Maggie could take a bigger bite out of her than she could of Maggie.  Right now Princess Maggie is getting a royal massage from the youngest boyslave.  She is out like a light.

We don't have lots of big adventures with these girls but we have had our share with the first two.  Sassy and Daisy were the first and we were so clueless.  Our landlady was kind enough to let us have pets and didn't mind all of their messing.  She just told us to keep them out of the peony bushes because the flowers are poisonous.  What did Sassy do?  She went out and nipped all the buds off the bush and was rolling them around the yard like little balls.  I about had a heart attack.  One day the neighbors went on a walk with two dogs and came back with four.  It seems ours let themselves out of the gate and went with them.   Daisy got out one day and went next door to the deli.  She went in and asked for some meat.  She was a sitter upper.  They thought it was cute.  Sassy managed to eat a ham and a roast on two different occasions.  She lived to eat again.  Daisy ate the wallpaper off the kitchen wall.  The very expensive, out of print, wallpaper.  I caught her at that and got it out of her mouth and slapped it back on the wall.  We had some really high cabinets and we put a partially drunk bottle of wine on its side in one of them.  The reason why was stupid but it got too hot up there and the cork blew.  Red wine came pouring out and down the lovely turquoise and white cabinets all over two curious bassets who just had to clean each other off.  They didn't mind.  There were other adventures but our other dogs have been more sedate.  Mostly.  Sherlock did bite Nic in the face but it was Nic's fault.  He was 4 and he hugged a sleeping hound.  Never did that again.  There is so much more love than trouble.  Just ask Ninja who doesn't let her mommy out of her sight when she is home.

We are sending snooter kisses and drool to all who need some.  And lots of bassety snores.
Ninja, Marley, Maggie and Shelby with the mom