[Dailydrool] best food for crystals in urine

Jeni Schomber jschomber at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 12:16:50 PDT 2011

Our 5-year old basset, Colbi, forms crystals in her urine. She is
currently eating Royal Canin Urinary SO food. The first few
ingredients are rice, ground corn, chicken fat, chicken meal, natural
flavors, corn gluten, meal, dried egg product, salt, and powdered
cellulos. From what I have read about dog food ingredients, none of
these are particularly good.

My question is this: does anyone have a basset that forms crystals in
his/her urine? What do you feed them? I'm just trying to pay closer
attention to the quality of the ingredients I feed our dogs.

Thanks!

Jeni Schomber