[Dailydrool] Many Many Thanks--

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Wed Mar 16 07:46:54 PDT 2011

Momma here. I wanted to take some time to thank each and everyone that has written to us about Clara's passing. I am touched beyond belief, Drool Nation once again showed so much love, support and my gosh, you all have propped me up, gave me the strength to go on. I was headed for a black hole and I knew it-no matter how often I reminded myself of her age, the shock of loosing her about did me in. Dental surgery was almost a blessing, little did I know that last week as I puffed about, raging that once again this had to be done, it would be a day I needed just to escape. ( Did a nice job too--they had me zooted to the walls-)Today I pushed the drugs aside, and told myself the healing process needed to begin. The hounds are watching me close, and I need to set the world right for them too. They took a big loss also. Clara was a force in their lives.
I didn't know that Clara had impacted so many, I always wrote as I seen her, and to meet her people seen it also. But what made me understand that all of you kinda "owned" a piece of Clara was a call I got in the middle of the night  after she went to the bridge. The phone rang about 1;30am--it was Beth--owned by Emma the Delicate Diva--now I had never spoke with Beth before, but that call made me understand just what a impact Clara had. Beth, I thank you. You made me understand I was not alone in my world of hurt in the middle of the night. Touched by someone out of the blue, that was as broken at her passing as I.
You have all done so much to honor a old hound I can never say thank you enough. Bev got me back home that night, (Wayne and I went in separate cars as I rolled with Clara and he shut down the house and raced behind us)-I hit memory in my phone and she talked me home--how I drove it was only because of her. Sandi offered to fly in just to hug me--now how special is that-Wendie that checks on me even while she is in school from Atlanta, so many more that just called just to check me--the e-mails are just everywhere, I promise to answer them all, just know it will take time, but I will get there.
So many things and people I missed when I wrote the other night, Clara's books, so many things she had done, so many people that we love thru drool friends, that I am sorry about, much more I could of said, but in grief, the mind kinda shuts down.
I see it in my mind that Clara is whole again, running and I bet she is bossing a bunch of hounds around at the bridge, I hope the buffet was stocked-the girl knew how to eat. We had her cremated and she will be back home today, but she lives in my heart.
Many have asked about Elwood. He is doing-last night he stood on the perch, sniffing licking her blanket, but he never laid down. Daisy and Jake have both been up there, but they do not stay but a few minutes, and they move on. It is just very quiet here.

But as I said the time has come, I have to think happy memories no matter how hard, remember Clara with a smile. She was one in a million.
>From our house to yours---thank you all.

Debbie Winchester
PW, OEBE Elder Clara,
Elder Sister Daisy, Brudder Jake