[Dailydrool] Where's Thelma Lou?

Margaret Honnold machonnold at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 16 08:16:32 PDT 2011

First and foremost, my condolences to those losing hounds. It has been 11 months
since I lost Hollyberry and Noah and it is still fresh in my heart. Please knows
that I have shed tears also for you pups and I am so sorry.

I couldn't find Thelma Lou this monring and I was in a little bit of a panic.
She is ALWAYS close by and suddenly I didn't see her anywhere.  I looked
outside? no Thelma Lou....I looked on the couch?  no Thelma Lou....I looked on
the dog bed?  no Thelma Lou... My husband had made the bed in our bedroom
while I was getting ready for work. I sat on the edge of the bed to take my
morning medications....Thelma always shows up for that...no Thelma Lou. She has
had her long nose a little out of joint since Baby Brother Fergus has come to
live with us but I couldn't imagine where she was....think something had
happened...I began to call her, finally rattling the dog treat sack (that always
gets her)...and low and behold....rising from the pillows and under the
comforter of the bed (on which I had just sat)...came Thelma. My husband had
covered her up when he made the bed and in true Thelma style, she had
stayed....I think that it can be said that Thelma Lou officially hates daylight
time.

It is sunny in Illinois today! Hoping it dries up some of the dog poop in the
yard and the muddy paths around the house.

Snooters,
Thelma Lou...yawn"you wanted me mom?"
Huck..."what's the fuss, the old grouch always shows up"
Baby Fergus..."Thelma who?"