[Dailydrool] The Bridge

Brenda Weddle bweddlern at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 17 07:00:54 PDT 2011

Maybe, just maybe, the gates to Bridge might be shutting a tiny bit. Why do I think so? Because I know of a miracle. The hounds and not-a-bassets of the Thundering Herd have 2 new sisters. Both were saved from going to the Bridge too soon. Sasha, a 2 year old female Siberian Husky is one we adopted from a kill shelter in MS. Aiyana is a 5 month old Siberian Husky in NYC that was going to be euthanized because of injuries caused by falling off of a slide some children put her on. I begged the rescue not to have her put down, that we would take her as she was - incontinent of urine and stool and unable to walk due to multiple pelvic fractures and a broken tail. They agreed to let us have her. The next morning, the rescue called and said this baby was up walking and had bladder control but not bowel control. This was a true miracle. The pup was injured on a Saturday and nothing was done until Thursday, when the owners dumped her at a shelter and the shelter called the rescue. Aiyana is a joy (well they both are). No they are not Bassets but I hope this is a sign that the Bridge is closing its gates for a while. There have been too many going to the Bridge and too much pain, sorrow and tears here on earth for the ones left behind. Hugs and soft sweet snooters to all those need it and drool from the Thundering Herd.