[Dailydrool] Those Boys

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Thu Mar 17 15:54:56 PDT 2011

I am so sorry to read of Elmo, Skinner &  Basil making their journey to the bridge. May they live forever in the magic of their families memories. Colt and Ruger will be slinging heart healing drool to their families that loved and will miss them so much.
Drool for both dadperson and Xaxa. Go gently sweet prince when your name is called by the bridge angels, and heart healing drool to your dadperson & momperson too.

Healing Drool to Jackie.we hope that you recovery from what ails you soon.

With all of the bridge crossings and such sadness on the drools this week, I thought that I would post a few of the Bad A** Basset Brothers lesser adventures to try to give a chuckle to all of the droolers  in between all of the tears.

For the last week & a half I have been battling laryngitis. My voice has been so raspy.when I have had one. The boys seemed to be a little freaked out by my strange new voice. Giving me this look like I am an alien or something.  I can just see the little puffs of smoke coming out of their brains. "It looks like momma, smells like momma.but it sure as hell don't don't sound like momma.  WHAT The HELL IS IT?"

Last week after I got out of bed in the morning I went to the kitchen and let the boys out of their "room" .  When I when I turned on the kitchen light and looked into the dining room/boys room there was no dogs.  Upon closer inspection Ruger was sound asleep in Colt's kennel and Colt was sound asleep inside his pillow! Their very large bed has a big faux fur pillow case on it and Colt had crawled into the pillow case to lay on his bed.obviously he got chilled and wanted a blankie.

After spending a 4 day weekend at home being cared for by the hounds for laryngitis and watching a lot of National Geographic Wild Channel: At around 2am Tuesday morning I was awaken by the sound of a wolf singing/howling from the other end of the house.  When I went racing down the hall to see if I had left the TV on or had a wolf in the house I found Colt sleep howling.sound asleep, laying on his side on his bed, head slightly raised lipper flaps pursed and a beautiful howl coming from him. Obviously Colt has watched too much NATGEO Wild this weekend.  FYI: none of my basset have ever howled. Since I have always had neighbors that might not enjoy the song of the hounds I never encouraged it.  Colt has sleep howled several times.but never howled when awake.  Strange but True!

Michele Momma to the Bad A** Basset Brothers

Colt who howls in is sleep

Ruger who is never awakened by his brothers night songs