[Dailydrool] Sweet Abby Dog-ATB

Jennifer Beezley jbeezley at cableone.net
Fri Mar 18 14:57:30 PDT 2011

Abby made her journey to the bridge earlier this afternoon.  Her spirit was
willing but her body was not.  Lots of symptoms started up this past week.  She
died exactly 4 weeks after her diagnosis.

She came to us in a “free to a good home” notice at our vets office.  The
note said she was a basset springer mix.  I asked the girls at the desk what
she looked like and they said a long haired basset.  I was intrigued.  I
called her owners and found out she was an outside dog on no heartworm
preventative.  I said I would have to talk to my husband and the woman said
“Ok.  We’re going out of town for the long weekend.  I’ll leave a pan of
food for her.  If you want her just come and get her”  I told that woman I’d
meet her in the wal-mart parking lot in 30 mintues and bring the dog.

She was so pretty.  A red and white with long hair.  She had a bottle brush
tail and when her hair grew out, she had tufts between her toes.  We said
she was wearing slippers.  She loved walks and loved to lay under a gardenia
bush in our back yard.

Good-bye my sweet girl.  Say hello to Lucy and Eyson for us.  They are
already there waiting for you.  We will miss you terribly but are gladdened
to know you are know young, whole and unafraid.

Paul, Jennifer and Ginger

They had buried him under our elm tree, they said — yet this wasn't totally
true. For he really lay buried in my heart.

Willie Morris,
My Dog Skip