[Dailydrool] Wondering about my own sanity

Dawn Gardner dawn at happyhoundpetservices.com
Sat Mar 19 13:51:04 PDT 2011

I think only someone who reads this list could possibly understand this.  Or
maybe I have truly lost my mind.

You see, I have this dog here from one of the local basset rescues for an
assessment.  My assessment is that she is perfect.  Calm, sweet, all she
ever wants is to be loved by her human, a perfect lady basset. No trouble at
all. Definitely not a candidate for OEBE.  And I keep thinking I should wish
my dogs were like her, but I don't!  She never gets into anything, never
jumps on the counters, steals anything, runs off, covers me, the walls, the
counters, and each other with mud every time it rains, tells me off when I
don't get the food down fast enough - and I keep thinking wow!  I am glad
she's not mine!  But I should be so lucky!

So what is wrong with me?  Why do I love the chaos that ensues every time my
bassets come into the house?   Should I see a doctor?

Dawn Gardner
Behavioral Consultant & Trainer, and foodslave to Willow, Wilson, Molly, CJ,
Romeo, Penelope, Annie ATB, Ru ATB, Schmo ATB, and now temp foster dog Belle

Happy Hound Pet Services
336-432-8715
www.happyhoundpetservices.com

APDT Member #74988