[Dailydrool] The morning rumpus

Kr1204 kr1204 at aol.com
Sun Mar 20 09:27:28 PDT 2011

First, I must apologise. For someone who has nothing to do but attend 3
Physical Therapy sessions a week you would think I would stay current
with the Drool. My condolences to everyone who has lost a beloved hound
in the past week- I have been there many times and know the pain.
Now, on to my story. Every morning about 6:30 I am awakened by Jordan
and Loki taking turns flopping down next to me in bed for bellyrubs.
This lasts for about 20 minutes. Then they start the basset 500 which
starts on my bed then out the door, down the stairs, down the hall and
back up again barking and play growling as loud as they can. Each
circuit ends on my bed where they play "king of the hill" until they
take off again. The best part is when they tire of that they stand in
front of my x's bedroom door and start the Howlaluyah chorus with every
bark, whine, whistle, squeak that a basset can muster until he gets up
and feeds them. I lay in my bed and laugh because I am scamming him. I
am recovered enough that getting up and feeding them is not a problem
but I come home after each therapy session moaning and flop on the
couch and answer all questions with how much I hurt (I don't). So until
I go back to work in April, I am enjoying his discomfort at having to
get up early just to stop the noise!
Kathy with Crackers, Loki and Jordan and Gracie and Drummer the
houseguests