[Dailydrool] Condolences on the Drool

Wendie Prince houndsabound at att.net
Sun Mar 20 10:56:46 PDT 2011

Hi all,

As I was reading last night's post about  condolences taking up too much
room of DD space, and some folks not liking them,  my first thought was that
it was a mean post.  I still think it was mean, insensitive and petty after
sitting with it for more than 12 hours.  Did we not go through this with the
last topic( I will not name it) that everyone was in arms about?   Use the
Delete key if you do not want to read condolences.  It is usually found just
to the right of the enter key on most keyboards,  in case the writing has
worn off yours.

This post not only was insensitive to Debbie and Clara,  but to all hounds
and their humans who have been grieving this past week,  and who have ever
posted here about a hound going to the bridge,  it touches literally all of
us,  and not a warm fuzzy touch.    On a personal level, I have been
grieving Elder Clara's passing as I held her in my heart as close as any of
my own.   To deny people out there, the opportunity to share/post to the DD,
would have denied me of having some of that same comfort that, I guess some
only want to only go to the slave.  I know Debbie got around 500 personal
emails,  Those of you who do not like to read condolence emails can feel
thankful you did not have to go through all of them.  Whether I decide to
send private emails or public,  should not be an issue,  this is a public
list to share about our Bassets,  good, bad, sad, joyous, in all ways.  If
you cannot stand to feel a sadness, I am sorry.  It is as much a legitimate
emotion as all the happy emotion posts.  Life has all these emotional
components and the last week has been hard with so many leaving, but,  it
always balances out.

Each of our hounds is important, whether they ever have points, ribbons, a
title, or their momma "extremely friendly".    I think sometimes people get
afraid of their feelings and cannot deal with sadness, such as this last
week has brought.  It is very hard, and there is no way to deal with it
other than to feel it and walk through it.  To deny us all a chance to share
our grief would be a major sadness for me,   it helps me heal and to know I
am not alone.

Many hugs to you all and as always, the Bounders keep the drool flowing for
whoever may be in need,  4 legger or 2 legger.

Wen and the Bounders

www.seniorhoundsabound.org