[Dailydrool] Another bit of info from the DD put to good use saving a life

Cheryl Stafford cstaffordmail at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 17:50:40 PDT 2011

I don't remember who posted this suggestion but I wanted to let everyone
know that because of the post a dog was saved tonight.  I read on the
Drool that to catch a loose dog run away from the dog and he/she will
chase you.  Well it really works!!  Tonight we were heading out to pick
up a pizza when a little white dog was running down the road with three
teenagers right behind.  Of course we pulled over to help and as we were
doing so a car speed by on the other side almost hitting the poor dog.
The girls got the dog across the road but we couldn't get him to come to
us.  We tried to surround him but it didn't work either.  I then
remembered the post about running away and did just that.  I called to
him in that high pitched voice and began to run away.  He followed.  I
got him far enough from the road and reached out to grab him but he
jumped back, of course.  So off I ran again away from him.  Then I got
on the ground like I was playing and he came right up to me so I could
grab him!  About that time his neighbor showed up.  She thought he'd
been hit because we were on the ground.  I told her he was fine and
handed him over to her.  She told him he was a very bad boy for getting out.
So I am proud to report that Tristan is home safe and sound tonight
thanks to whomever posted that wonderful tip on the Daily Drool.
Many thanks from us as well as Tristan and his family.
Cheryl
Otter, Radar and Mollie the Bloodhound