[Dailydrool] Blue cream IBD etc

Vikki Kiehl vkiehl at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 08:25:48 PDT 2011

Thank you all for your emails!   <smile>  I'm taking Sara Sue to the
vet this morn.  Is a 3 hour trip.  I'll try to sit down this afternoon
& answer the questions everyone has sent me.

Blue Cream
I've been using this topically for about 6mos or so and it has worked
very well.  I learned to make creams as part of my extractions course
in my Master Herbalist studies.  (The main reason I've not had time to
keep up the drool)

Angelika wrote:  have Bee's wax hand creme and am wondering if adding
the Gentian violet
answer:  maybe, if you blend it well.  It doesn't mix well with super
greasy creams, it's a "water"

Angelika wrote: then using it on Elvis' forever gooey flews will do
any good. He also has a permanent sore on his belly due to him having
to drag around.
answer:  he'll lick it off (thus the "natural base") his flews, but
shouldn't hurt him.  It will stain your carpet & furniture if he drags
across it

Angelika wrote:  Anyone have a better suggestion of what to use for
the creme 'base' ?
answer:  are you asking me?

Angelika wrote:  Not sure if I'll use the mixer though LOL...maybe the blender??
answer:  for me, mixer works better.  blender motor gets hot and your
emulsion can separate... that's my experience.  I've used both.
Mixer is easier to clean.

vikki & da houndies