[Dailydrool] Miss Angela explains

bjenk1 at cox.net bjenk1 at cox.net
Mon Mar 21 09:13:08 PDT 2011

Bill here, press agent/personal trainer to Miss Angela Basset,
Droop and Drool Diva of Wichita and Sedgwick County

Miss Angela is off enjoying a spa day today and I will pick her
up about 4 this afternoon.  Meanwhile, I need to let you know
that we were not ungrateful for all the birthday wishes she
received (especially the big bag of Chummy Yummies fro Glenda
Kroshus, Kaitlynn Skye and Kylee Dawn in Fairbanks, Alaska.)
With all of the turmoil and death, both internationally and here
on the Drool, we just stepped back and lurked for the last two
weeks.  That does not mean that tears were not shed nor
healing drool transmitted to those left behind by the far too many
hounds who made their way to the bridge .  These losses affected
us greatly as did, in an entirely different way, the massive loss of
life in Japan and the events in the Middle East.  We were glued to
the TV screen during the "revolution" in Egypt.  I lived about 3
blocks from Tahrir Square in the summer of ''86 while studying in
Egypt on a Fulbright .  I pointed out many of the landmarks to Miss
Angela and she sweetly pretended to give a rodent's hindquarters.

Angela's birthday party was a great success, the height of the new
spring social season here in Sedgwick County.  She was petted
and stroked and skritched by many friends and neighbors.  As
is becoming common, she received enough chew toys, treats
(few of them Lean, Lo-cal or Lite----most people took her side)
and snuggles to last her well into the summer.  And just when we
thought it was over, Lettercarrier Steve brought the wonderful
package from Alaska.  What a surprise!.

If this note tends to wander, just know that I am putting off getting
serious about doing my taxes, splitting some wood and other
domestic chores so indulge me, please.

Spring has come to Kansas and more dogs are out and leading
their owners around the neighborhood.  Miss Angela still likes to
messages scattered around.  Today she will be exhausted when
she gets home because they let her run with the big dogs for a
couple of hours before they begin the pampering.  That way she
mellows out more completely.

Thanks for putting up with this meandering missive.  Go Jayhawks!

Bill