[Dailydrool] Sophie Story...

Vikki Vivilakis fudgelady at softcom.net
Mon Mar 21 16:44:02 PDT 2011

With all the sadness as of late on the DD - I thought I would relay one of
the funny/odd/strange/insane all of the above Sophie stories.....

Sophie background ~ all her life Sophie has been a total puppet master at
pushing mommas buttons.
Never - ever - doing the expected.

One day I found an online coupon for a 10.00 dollar photo shoot at JC
Pennys. The 10 bucks covered the sitting and one 8x10 color photo ~ such a
deal!!!!

I called them up to make sure it was ok to bring an animal to be
photographed, as some places don't allow animals. They cautiously asked what
the animal was - and when I told them it was an 11 week old basset hound - I
could hear the delight in their voice.

Dadperson gets home and I give him the news "I'm taking Sophie in to be
professionally photographed - as I can not seem to capture her beauty - I am
going to professionals".

Dadperson has known me for many years, and knows better than to try to talk
me out of anything - but did simply ask "do you think she is just going to
sit and be photographed?" Of course! I will bring her favorite toy the
one she is enthralled with - no problem. Well alrighty then.....

The day of the shoot comes - and she is so small I walk her in inside a cat
carrier (oh the humanity).....

When her time arrives - I get the toy ready, and open the carrier door,
expecting her to walk out.

But she doesn't walk out - she SHOOTS out like a TORPEDO.

I'm sitting on the rug, and not so young and fast any more - and by now
she's well into the middle of the store - with myself, and two blessedly
young and fast girls that run the photo studio in chase.

I was praying she didn't hit one of the electric doors, and escape to the
outside; or I would have never gotten her.

After what seemed like forever - one of the young ladies grabbed her.

It must have been a sight - three women chasing that slippery hound threw
the store - the old fat one waiving a blue fish.

And of course at this point she is wound up tighter than a monkey on cocaine
- no sitting and looking like an adorable angel - so I told them "just start
shooting - I'm not leaving without photos" - which means I am now also in
the photos - ugly shirt ~ sweating with a red face ~ and hardly any make up
~ but I got pix.

The moral of the story - sometimes men are actually right about something -
and if you are going to be near photo equipment have some makeup with you.
And oh yeah - never trust an 11 week old basset hound.