[Dailydrool] Getting your Basset onto furniture

Christine Stewart Stewart1527 at msn.com
Tue Mar 22 14:45:08 PDT 2011

We just recently allowed our Basset back on the furniture...The sofa is 4 years old now, I figure the "New" is worn off.

We have extra step stools, that are oval, we simply turn it so its long...she gets all her paws on and then moves her front paws up...

As for getting on the bed...well the "New" bedspread is now 2 years old, so we use the step stool we made for our son when he was a toddler so that he could reach the sink....and she is back to being the 3rd in our bed.   I would not spend money on the "doggie steps" they are really expensive.  Hit Home Depot and purchase a rubbermaid step stool.

Good luck but be careful, divas that they are....forget to put the step stool back close to the furniture, you will receive a scathing look from your dog...Like they stepped in something YOU DID!