[Dailydrool] Pano question

Nancy Candray speedsterbasset at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 22 22:46:03 PDT 2011

I know this has been discussed many a times but since Speedy is older pano was never an issue for me.
Yesterday I came home and found Shelby limping. I checked her pads to make sure there wasn't anything in her pad.  I checked her leg, rubbing gently and she doesn't seem to be in pain in any particular spot. This morning she wasn't her usually GO GO GO self but when I came back she was playing like her old self but still limping.
I know basset pups are prone to pano so I'm wondering if a 1 1/2 year old is still prone to it. I would think that at this age it wouldn't be such a problem but I'm new to young bassets or bassets in general so I just wanted to ask droolers for some insight.
Shelby plays hard with the boys so she could have sprained it, but I don't want to worry my friend unnecessarily. She just had to put her 17 yr old cat down due to cancer and next week we are heading out to Colorado for her move so I don't want to add to her stress by telling her Shelby is limping without knowing what is going on.
Either way I will schedule a vet appointment just to make sure (because I tend to be a worry-wart regardless) but I thought I'd ask first just Shelby's vet doesn't know bassets that well.
Nancy momslabe to

Speedy Speed Demon of the West OEBE

Ted (ATB)

and now Rambo and house guest Shelby