[Dailydrool] Training the neighborhood to howl

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 23 11:51:08 PDT 2011

Hi all, Snoopy here.  Well, I've had my work cut out for me.  When I moved here
last January there wasn't a single soul for miles who could howl.  First off I
taught Cyrus to howl ... and we were a duet until ... tada ... miraculous Snoopy
here ... I managed to teach the 14 year old doxie next door to howl too!!!  Now
we are a trio!  I am very proud of her, and her momPerson MUST be so pleased as
well because I saw her knocking on the door and having a long talk with my
momPerson about it.  Isn't that wonderful?  Funny part was that neither
momPerson looked terribly delighted after their little discussion. Ah well, who
understands momPeople really?

I've also had success with the Corgi two blocks over and one block up ... he's
coming along swell and every night on our walk I ahrooo when we reach his house
and he ahrooo's right back ... just like the wolves at the end of that block.
And then there's the doberman 6 blocks over ... he starts howling in response
about the time we reach the wolves and keeps it up until we pass him and of
course I answer him the whole time he calls out to me.  There's a yellow lab on
the route who is coming along nicely as well, but his ahroos are still too
short.

I'm a bit frustrated with the pug named love bug over the back fence as she
doesn't make a peep.  And the shepard and the rottie on the other side only bark
and bark and bark in response to my ahroooos ... no howlers there ... yet ...
but I'm working on it.

Sometimes late I night I use the dog door and go outside and start up the
ahrooooos and Cyrus will come out and join me, and the doxie next door ... and
we can hear the wolves and the Corgi and the doberman and even sometimes the
yellow lab all going ahrooooooooo.  Isn't that wonderful progress??

More later from Snoopy