[Dailydrool] Lifting Bassets

Barbara Sorensen b.a.sorensen at att.net
Wed Mar 23 12:06:03 PDT 2011

DH Neal is always teasing me because I am always explaining things, at length,
to the boys.  Remember the carton "Blah, Blah, Blah, Ginger, Blah Blah"?   When
our first basset Max (of blessed memory) got older and couldn't get on our low
platform bed, I carefully explained to him that if he could get his front paws
on the bed, I would lift his back end.  Blah Blah Blah.  However, next I leaned
over and put my hands on the bed and told him to 'Do Paws'.  He looked at me and
then put his front paws on the bed!  I lifted his back end and we were both
happy.  He was pretty good about repeating that, too.   But then, this was the
basset that decided if we wanted him to stop barking, we should use the command
'Tupperware!'.  But that's another story.

Barb, mom to Copper, Wilbur, Duncan, Buddy the not-a-basset and Max and Gretta
(ATB)