[Dailydrool] Lifting bassets

dpmcquade at verizon.net dpmcquade at verizon.net
Thu Mar 24 14:45:00 PDT 2011

<<One further question on the lifting technique - if the dog is standing on the ground, do you just bend over to do this or squat?>>

I suppose you could squat down to the basset's level, but I think I usually just bend over. However try whatever is easier for you and easier on your back. And of course, however your basset will let you do it too.

I am not particularly strong, so if I can do this, most folks probably can. Just watch out for those tender backs.
Pam, lifter of the Dashing Bassets